Phytognosis was born out of a need for genuine high-quality botanicals at reasonable prices. As a practitioner of leechcraft and wortcunning, Jeremy was frequently unable to find authentic ingredients necessary for his workings. As an experienced practitioner of this ancient Art, he is able to bring that same quality to his clients and customers.
The prefix phyto is Latin for plant or vegetation. Gnosis is a Greek word that means knowledge, usually signifying spiritual or mystically generated knowledge. Taken together, the word Phytognosis means spiritual knowledge obtained directly from and through plants.
Phytognosis specializes in rare and unique plant resins, woods, oils, and leaves for use during ritual, meditation, spiritual workings and personal enjoyment. They also carry several ready to use products for the new practitioner.
About the proprietor:
Jeremy received his Ph.D. in infectious disease pathology from the University of Texas Medical Branch and his M.S. in microbiology from the University of Rochester. Jeremy is currently an Assistant Professor of Biology studying tick-borne infectious diseases and endothelial pathobiology. Much of his occult research is focused on the history of medicine, folk medicine, and the interplay between Witchcraft and healing. Jeremy is a long-time student of European folk magic and studies occult herbalism, folk medicine and the traditional witch-lore and practices of the British Isles and is the owner of Phytognosis, a small business focused on plant-based spirituality, incense, resins, and botanical curious.
- Collaborations, Golden Sol in Leo, Incense, S+ Phytognosis, SeriesJeremy Bechelli, Ph.D., is the proprietor of Phytognosis, ultra fine purveyor of materia magica, incenses, and resins —$48.00
This sun in Leo incense was compounded on Friday, August 9th at 6:00 AM using 36 unique botanical ingredients with the weight of each ingredient in various multiples of 36. The primary solar resins include 6 types of copal, mastic resin, gum juniper, and olibanum. The woods include a solar mix of Red sandars wood, juniper, and sandalwood. Fiery notes originate from Ceylon cinnamon, galangal, ginger, and three exotic species of pepper.
Several of the resins were died and polished using extracts of various plants and botanicals that give them a glowing almost jewel like look, reminiscent of the solar rays sparkling off precious gems. This is a luxurious blend containing several rare and unusual ingredients.Available for $48$48.00
- Collaborations, Incense, Jupiter's Bounty, S+ Phytognosis, SeriesJeremy Bechelli, Ph.D., is the proprietor of Phytognosis, ultra fine purveyor of materia magica, incenses, and resins. For his first collaboration with Sphere + Sundry, Jupiter’s Bounty, he created 16 sets of specially formulated incense coins, handmade during the election window per his location and individually wrapped. Of them, he shares —$44.00
The incense was created from 16 ingredients, one for each of the numbers in the planetary square. Of those 16 ingredients, 4 take precedence in the aromatic formulation, these being the highest quality copal blanco (Bursera jorullense) from Mexico that I have ever seen.
I hand-picked each resin piece in Mexico for large pieces that contain soft pure white resin. Outstanding aloeswood powder from Indonesia makes up the 2nd of the precious ingredients (Aquilaria hirta), a true expression of the luxury, abundance, and prosperity of Jupiter. Luxurious storax bark from Turkey (Liquidambar orientalis) forms the third exotic ingredient. Hand powdered galls from the mighty oak (Quercus spp.) steeped in a tincture of allspice (Pimenta dioica) rounds out the final of the major aromatics.
The base of the incense coins are formed using 12 other botanicals including, nutmeg, pinon pine, juniper, and balsam poplar buds, hyssop, and other traditional botanicals aligned with the Jovial current.
Each coin should be broken into smaller pieces and gently heated, rather than directly burned.
Use to fuel significant operations or feed talismans designed for material increase, achieving substantial gnosis, or related Jupiterian purpose.Only 16 sets were created available, containing 5 coins each for $44$44.00
- Altar Boxes + Sets, Bath + Beauty, Candles, Golden Sol in Leo, Incense, Oils + Perfumes, Powders, S+ Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, S+ Jenn Zahrt, S+ Phytognosis, S+ Tony Mack, Series, Talismans + Reliquaries, Waters + SpraysWooden boxes hand-painted a warm yellow and otherwise unmarked, to serve as a protective storage space or portable altar for Solar offerings of any variety. May be further decorated or inscribed by the client.Along with the box, this set includes all items from the Golden Sol series excluding the Oil Lamps. Talismans are available for each box set as an optional add-on.Note that even though small 2 oz candles are the size that comes with these sets, the large 12 oz candles will also fit within the box's confines, along with everything else upright —$450.00
- Water of Golden Sol (2 oz)
- Golden Oil of Sol
- Sol in Leo Powder
- Candle of Golden Sol (2 oz)
- Golden Sol Self-Igniting Incense
- Loose Sun in Leo Incense by Phytognosis
- Alchemically extracted Oil of Egg by Jenn Zahrt
- The Golden Sovereign Perfume Oil by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
- Optional: Sol in Leo Talismans in gold, electrum, and ruby by Tony Mack
- Our largest box set to date! 9.5” wide, 5.5” tall, 6” deep