Suffumigation, the bathing of objects in smoke, is an important aspect of ritual work, and the burning of certain herbs and resins draws and pleases (or repels) spiritual forces. Burning incense is usually a convenient method for achieving any or all of the above.
Sphere + Sundry incenses are not created for everyday use, or as a generalized component. Like our candles, they are formed under ritual circumstances to carry a specific magical charge all their own, and create magical effects akin to their nature when used. These are determined by the astrological elections that oversaw their formation or ‘birth’.
Burn our incenses to support workings aligned with their nature, or set an atmosphere for certain activities or interactions. They can be used standalone or in conjunction with other items from their series. The smoke can be used as an offering to curry favor with sympathetic spirits or powers, or to bathe objects you wish to empower.
Always exercise good judgment when burning incense, and never leave it unattended. Only use appropriate heat-proof surfaces. In the case of box sets, never close the lid until incense and flame has been extinguished.
- Golden Sol in Leo, Incense, SeriesA combination of herbs and gems under the governance and accord of Sol, with Jupiterian emphasis for increased luck and support — sunflower harvested during the hour and day of the Sun was dried and ritually consecrated during the series election, alongside cedar, saffron, bay laurel, ginger, sweet cinnamon, rue, orange, clove, hibiscus, bloodstone, ruby, heliotrope, ultra fine Hojari frankincense, and 24k gold.These were finely ground and made into a self-igniting incense blend during the Sunday following the election, in the hour of the Sun. Pure, uncut, and organic herbs, gemstones, and flowers.Burn during Solar rites, or those for purification, healing, inspiration, and wholeness. Take a whole-body smoke bath to support self-development, greater embodiment, and self-actualization, or use during meditation. Use to clear away negative, limiting, or melancholic energies.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $30$30.00$30.00
- Collaborations, Golden Sol in Leo, Incense, S+ Phytognosis, SeriesJeremy Bechelli, Ph.D., is the proprietor of Phytognosis, ultra fine purveyor of materia magica, incenses, and resins —$48.00
This sun in Leo incense was compounded on Friday, August 9th at 6:00 AM using 36 unique botanical ingredients with the weight of each ingredient in various multiples of 36. The primary solar resins include 6 types of copal, mastic resin, gum juniper, and olibanum. The woods include a solar mix of Red sandars wood, juniper, and sandalwood. Fiery notes originate from Ceylon cinnamon, galangal, ginger, and three exotic species of pepper.
Several of the resins were died and polished using extracts of various plants and botanicals that give them a glowing almost jewel like look, reminiscent of the solar rays sparkling off precious gems. This is a luxurious blend containing several rare and unusual ingredients.Available for $48$48.00
- Incense, Series, Venus in TaurusAn organic incense blend of materia close to the Fairer Benefic's heart — rose bud, rosehips, rose quartz, marshmallow root, red clover blossom, emerald, and more, ritually combined and suffumigated during one of the finest Venus in Taurus elections of 2019.Create a small mound or trace sigils on a fireproof surface before lighting. Burn during weekly Venus observations, for remediation, or during magical works for maintaining and strengthening relationships, drawing lovers, gifts, upgrades, and money.Take a smoke bath to enhance glamour, beauty, and encourage self-acceptance, self-love, and feelings of desirability. Promotes comfort in one's skin and putting your own needs and desires first.Pure, uncut, and organic herbs, gemstones, and flowers.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $28$28.00
- Exalted Venus, Incense, Series$28.00
Organic herbs and stones sacred to Venus and related to Pisces, including lavender, blue lotus, yarrow, damiana, passion flower, diamond, emerald, and amethyst, were ritually suffumigated and consecrated by Venus during one of her most talisman-worthy 2019 exaltation elections. These were powdered during Venus’ day and hour and made into a self-igniting incense base.
Form a small mound or sigil on a fire proof surface and light during Venus observations, or compatible workings for love, beauty, sex, and the like. Pass talismans and objects through the smoke, or run it along the body in preparation for appropriate rites.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $28
- Exalted Venus, Incense, S+ Occvlta, SeriesFor Occvlta's first ever collaboration with Sphere + Sundry, Júlia offers a dark and rich loose incense ritually crafted during the equivalent election from the Pyrenees of Lleida, Spain —$35.00
The Venus Exalted incense was made Sunday between 8:31 and 9:24 UTC+1 in honour of Venus. Its base is composed of Alexandrian Rose buds, Nettle leaf, True Vervain, and Myrtle, plants that inflame and inspire desire and allure.
To this base other components were added: storax bark, frankincense, juniper berries, damiana leaf, costmary, elder flowers, Icelandic moss, angelica root, yarrow flowers, orris root, passion flowers, and mugwort. These are spirits related to planet Venus and help balancing the power and directing the practitioner's will.
Finally, this exalted mix is crowned with mallow, violet, lotus, and periwinkle flowers, elevating its potency and making it a fit offering for a deity.Beautiful and dark, perfect for calling up underworld aspects of Venus, such as Innana and Persephone. Must be burned on charcoal or an incense warmer.Available in a 1 oz dark amber glass jar for $35$35.00
- Incense, Jupiter's Bounty, SeriesAfter a ritual offering feast and during a prime Jupiter election window, organic fruits, nuts, and Jupiterian herbs and spices were suffumigated, consecrated, and ritually combined with frankincense, golden copal, citrine, and amethyst. These were ground to a fine powder during Jupiter’s hour and combined with ingredients to make it self-igniting.Create a small mound on a fire safe surface or trace sigils. Burn as an offering to Jupiter for remediation and propitiation on Thursdays or in his hour, or invoke a purifying, beneficent blessing upon other magical works designed for growth, gain, protection, and healing.Available in a 1/2 oz vial for $28Important allergen/ legal note: While this does not contain peanuts, it does contain other nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios, and cashews) that were processed in a facility that handles peanuts. Not suitable for use by those with peanut or other nut allergies. Buyer/ user agrees not to apply, gift, or make available to those with nut allergies, assumes full responsibility for any allergic interactions to self and others as a result of exposure, and releases Sphere + Sundry from any and all liability. Keep out of reach of children.$28.00
- Collaborations, Incense, Jupiter's Bounty, S+ Phytognosis, SeriesJeremy Bechelli, Ph.D., is the proprietor of Phytognosis, ultra fine purveyor of materia magica, incenses, and resins. For his first collaboration with Sphere + Sundry, Jupiter’s Bounty, he created 16 sets of specially formulated incense coins, handmade during the election window per his location and individually wrapped. Of them, he shares —$44.00
The incense was created from 16 ingredients, one for each of the numbers in the planetary square. Of those 16 ingredients, 4 take precedence in the aromatic formulation, these being the highest quality copal blanco (Bursera jorullense) from Mexico that I have ever seen.
I hand-picked each resin piece in Mexico for large pieces that contain soft pure white resin. Outstanding aloeswood powder from Indonesia makes up the 2nd of the precious ingredients (Aquilaria hirta), a true expression of the luxury, abundance, and prosperity of Jupiter. Luxurious storax bark from Turkey (Liquidambar orientalis) forms the third exotic ingredient. Hand powdered galls from the mighty oak (Quercus spp.) steeped in a tincture of allspice (Pimenta dioica) rounds out the final of the major aromatics.
The base of the incense coins are formed using 12 other botanicals including, nutmeg, pinon pine, juniper, and balsam poplar buds, hyssop, and other traditional botanicals aligned with the Jovial current.
Each coin should be broken into smaller pieces and gently heated, rather than directly burned.
Use to fuel significant operations or feed talismans designed for material increase, achieving substantial gnosis, or related Jupiterian purpose.Only 16 sets were created available, containing 5 coins each for $44$44.00
- Asclepius II, Incense, SeriesThis loose incense is comprised of cypress, sage, and incense cedar, harvested during the days and hours of Jupiter and Sol before being prayed over in the words of Thessalos, given to him in dream by Asclepius (as detailed in the series description). These were combined with ethically sourced, wildcrafted white sage, rose of jericho, frankincense resin, and 24k gold leaf, before invoking the Divine Physician’s blessing as the fixed star Ras Alhague began rising.This incense is an exquisite smudging mix for the clearing of space and body — in general, after traumatic events, or before ritual. It can also be used to bathe objects you wish to cleanse and restore, such as crystals or ritual implements prior to consecration.Available in 1/2 oz self-igniting form for $26, or loose in a reusable glass jar over two ounces for $39.Charcoal must be used for burning loose incenses. You may choose to add organic coconut charcoal to your order, which must be lit on a burner.$26.00 – $39.00$26.00 – $39.00
- Fixed Star Regulus II, Incense, SeriesCustomary material and herbs associated with Regulus include mugwort, mastic, garnet, wormwood, and celandine. These, along with frankincense, 24k gold, saffron, chrysanthemum, yellow trumpet flower, calendula, dandelion root, orange peel, red ginseng, and other plants allied to the powers of empowerment, light, and leadership, were ritually suffumigated, consecrated, and mixed as the Moon conjoined Regulus on the rising, in the hour of Jupiter.Pour into a small mound or form lines and sigils on a heat proof surface before lighting. Burn as an offering to Regulus, to invoke the Royal Star's influence, or during other magical operations intended for self-promotion, self-actualization, success, or explorations of a heart-centered, empowering nature.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $30$30.00$30.00
- Incense, Series, St. ExpediteThe herbal Expedite mix, combined with makko powder and salt peter to make it self-igniting. Burn during invocations of St. Expedite or as an offering to fuel his works. Can also be burned to bring about good luck and progress in material circumstances. Suffumigate petitions and sigils in this incense to bring about faster results and kick-start workings.Available in a 1/2 oz vial with hand-painted label for $27$27.00
- Incense, Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, SeriesJupiter’s Lightning Rod powder was made into a self-igniting incense, which can be burned as a small mound or in the shape of sigils. Burn during Jupiterian rituals, or operations designed to increase luck, create fast and positive change, or manifest opportunities.1/2 oz vial for $28$28.00$28.00
- Hermanubis, Incense, SeriesThe blessed and consecrated Hermanubis herbal mix, along with myrrh resin and a very small amount of black dog hair, powdered and made self-igniting. Burn to draw the dead and oversee necromantic rites, or act as an offering to the deceased or Hermanubis himself.1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $27$27.00$27.00
- Exalted Mercury Cazimi, Incense, SeriesA blend of ritually harvested plants, herbs, frankincense resin, and 24k gold leaf were ritually combined and suffumigated during Mercury’s cazimi in Virgo. These were combined with self-igniting ingredients to create an Exalted Mercury incense cazimi blend perfect for way-opening in ritual or mundane life. Burn to open any crossroads, draw Mercurial spirits, or to get mental juices flowing.1/2 oz vial for $27$27.00
- Incense, Moon-Neptune in Pisces, SeriesBlue lotus, belladonna flower, oyster mushroom, myrrh, and other sympathetic ingredients, ritually combined and suffumigated during the Moon-Neptune election. This was then powdered and paired with naturally combustible materials to create a self-igniting incense.Burn to thin the veil between here and the Otherworlds, increase mediumistic and psychic phenomena, before séances, or other activities of that nature. Use the smoke to smudge scrying vessels and seers.Available in a 3.7ml glass vial with cork top for $27.$27.00
- Incense, Series, Venus in LibraHerbs sacred to Venus, ritually combined and suffumigated during one of her finest Libra elections, ground and mixed with intoxicating essential oils and self-combusting materials, so no coal is required to use it.This is a loose incense that can be pinched into lines, glyphs, or sigils on a heat-proof surface before lighting. Burn during Venus rituals to invoke her influence, or during other sympathetic works for love and beauty. Can also be burned to prime a setting for pleasant social or romantic interactions.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top. No synthetic fragrances or fillers.$28$28.00
- Incense, Mars' Degree of Exaltation, SeriesIncense cones handcrafted while Mars was in the 28th degree of Capricorn, his degree of optimal performance. The dried, powdered wood of the Machilus thunbergii tree was used as a natural binding and burning agent, mixed with five hand-ground herbs and resins sacred to Mars. These include hot red pepper, genuine dragon's blood resin, and yohimbe bark, among other proprietary sympathetic ingredients, and bits of iron and rust — not enough to make the smoke toxic, but enough for magical resonance. The scent is warming and invigorating, earthy and rich, befitting Mars at his best, in the Earth sign of Capricorn.All woods are said to be under the purview of Mars, making even the base agent a worthy addition. The decision to create this incense in the cone form was also intentional — the upward triangle is resonant with the natural shape of flame and, partially because of this, is also the form associated with the element of Fire in the Western magical tradition.Note that this incense is intended to be used in specialized ceremonial or Martial contexts, and is not for every day use. To light cone incense, hold it sideways so that the tip is in contact with flame until it catches and is well lit. Place the base of the cone on a heat proof surface, such as ceramic, metal, or a layer of sand. Let the flame extinguish itself naturally, leaving an ember that will create smoke as it burns its way down the base. If it goes out, re-light well. Any that is left over can be saved and burned on a piece of charcoal.Only 108 incense cones were created for this election. Packed with a silica pouch to retain maximum burn potential. Available in packs of 5, the number sacred to Mars. Each one is individually wrapped in tissue paper marked with a special seal, sigil, or kamea of Mars. For the purposes of magical work and spellcasting, these can be upcycled with the addition of your own compatible sigils, etc.Click here for information about the use of these items for remediation of natal configurations or during Mars' retrograde. $25$25.00$25.00
- Altar Boxes + Sets, Incense, Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, Oils + Perfumes, Powders, S+ Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, S+ Troll Cunning Forge, Series, Talismans + Reliquaries, Waters + SpraysEverything in the Jupiter’s Lightning Rod series in large form, including a hand-stained wooden treasure chest (7" wide, 4.5" deep, 5" tall), which can be used to store the offerings or act as a ritual treasure box —$456.00$456.00
- Hermanubis, Incense, Oils + Perfumes, Salts, Series, Waters + SpraysLong have I searched for a genuine statue of Hermanubis, until fortuitously stumbling across Oliver Laric's extraordinary project Three D Scans, which features copyright free 3D models of museum statues.One of the pieces in his collection is an exact replica of the Hermanubis statue on display in the Vatican Museum created during the 1st-2nd century AD.Statues are available in black or white, and stand just under 5" tall. Every set from the Hermanubis series includes the statue of your choice, free. This set includes only the items necessary for performing the Opening of the Mouth and Eyes ceremony, a ritual performed on the dead Pharaohs, mummies, and statues of ancient Egypt in order that they may speak, breathe, and see — to wake them.A modified form of this rite is included, along with the oil, natron, 1/2 oz elixir, and incense required to perform it, to open the mouth and eyes of your Hermanubis statue. Being awakened and charged in this manner empowers your statue to act as a vessel for the God's power, and will significantly increase its potency and abilities. The ingredients of the rite can be adjusted and the same ritual performed in order to enliven other statues.Due to the time intensive nature of 3D printing, only a few of these can be offered at a time. Join the waitlist if your chosen selection is unavailable, to be notified when they are offered again, likely every week. Larger versions of the sets also include the Mouth Opening ritual, along with additional items from the Hermanubis series, such as the candle and ink of Amenti.$133.00$133.00
- Candles, Hermanubis, Incense, Oils + Perfumes, Ritual Inks, Salts, Series, Waters + Sprays$223.00 – $310.00
Receive everything in the Hermanubis Series. Includes:
- Oil of Hermanubis
- Ink of Amenti in 1/8 oz or 1/2 oz glass vial
- Hermanubis Beeswax Candle
- Way Opening Dead-Drawing Elixir in 1/2 oz or 2 oz glass bottle
- Hermanubis Self-Igniting Incense
- 5" Hermanubis statue in your choice of white or black
- Opening of the Mouth and Eyes Ritual for waking your statue
$310 for the large, or $223 for the small while all offerings last.$223.00 – $310.00
- Exalted Mercury Cazimi, Incense, Oils + Perfumes, Ritual Inks, Series, Waters + Sprays$144.00 – $225.00
Receive everything in the Exalted Mercury Cazimi Series. Includes:
- Exalted Mercury Cazimi Oil
- Exalted Mercury Cazimi Water with AAA grade opal, in 1/2 oz or 2 oz
- Exalted Mercury Cazimi Self-Igniting Incense
- Black Walnut Ritual Ink, in 1/8oz or 1/2 oz
$225 for the large, or $144 for the small while all offerings last.$144.00 – $225.00