Suffumigation, the bathing of objects in smoke, is an important aspect of ritual work, and the burning of certain herbs and resins draws and pleases (or repels) spiritual forces. Burning incense is usually a convenient method for achieving any or all of the above.
Sphere + Sundry incenses are not created for everyday use, or as a generalized component. Like our candles, they are formed under ritual circumstances to carry a specific magical charge all their own, and create magical effects akin to their nature when used. These are determined by the astrological elections that oversaw their formation or ‘birth’.
Burn our incenses to support workings aligned with their nature, or set an atmosphere for certain activities or interactions. They can be used standalone or in conjunction with other items from their series. The smoke can be used as an offering to curry favor with sympathetic spirits or powers, or to bathe objects you wish to empower.
Always exercise good judgment when burning incense, and never leave it unattended. Only use appropriate heat-proof surfaces. In the case of box sets, never close the lid until incense and flame has been extinguished.
- Fixed Star Aldebaran, Incense, SeriesPowder of Aldebaran, made self-igniting and with additional essential oils. Milk thistle seeds and plant matter, ruby, bull horn, genuine gold, silver, and copper leaf, alongside other herbs allied to the principles of strength, income generation, material command, and personal Sovereignty, frankincense, myrrh, and dragon’s blood. Ritually combined during an Aldebaran election heavily supported by Jupiter in Sagittarius in the Greater Benefic’s hour, and later ground after a lunar cycle of incubation, also on Jupiter’s day and hour.Burn in offering to spirits aiding in the execution of your creative vision and related to material and financial gain. Smoke to activate sigils for the same purpose, or others related to Aldebaran. Contracts, letters, talismans, and cash can also be suffumigated to bring favor, luck, gravitas, and the achievement of one’s aims, material, magical, and personal.Take a smoke bath to reinforce your will power and during times of strife, to promote inner steel and all that it takes to sustain and win serious conflict or pull a heavy burden. Promotes embodiment, entitlement, intensity, magnetism, and personal force, tools all necessary for supporting the ego-vessel in acquisition and world-building. For the sake of the innocents, please use responsibly.Offered in a glass 1/2 vial with hand drawn label for $30$30.00
- Incense, Oils + Perfumes, Powders, Series, The Ancestral SeriesHermanubis was called to open the way and empower the entire Ancestral Series during a prime astrological election for contacting the deceased. Herbs and resins with necromantic and familial properties such as bloodroot, hops, mugwort, star anise, parsley, myrrh, and proprietary others, were combined, prayed over, and suffumigated using Hermanubis incense for the purpose of facilitating general ancestral contact.This blend was infused in organic sunflower oil, with a portion reserved to create the incense and powder. The rest was used as the “mother" herbal blend for specialty categories within The Ancestral Series — Comfort, Empowerment, and Channel.This sub-set, simply “The Ancestors”, acts as a primer for Ancestral work and devotions. It builds a bridge between you and your Dead, calling them to the here-and-now, wherever and whenever that happens to be. Use as summons before making offerings, or you can spike them with your own magic to facilitate personal ancestral goals.To best establish close contact, use these or Hermanubis materia to issue the invitation/ bring all your Dead to the yard (so to speak!). Give offerings or follow up with items from specialized sub-sets to support your desired aims and outcomes, to help you and your ancestors resolve unfinished business, or to work toward specific magical objectives with the class of spirits we call the Dead. Your Dead, specifically.Pure and uncut herbs, resins, essential oils, metal leaf, and gemstones. No fillers or artificial ingredients whatsoever.Half ounce glass vials of The Ancestors Oil for $66, Incense or Powder for $27$27.00 – $120.00
- Incense, Oils + Perfumes, Powders, Series, The Ancestral SeriesThe Ancestors mother-blend, combined with calming herbs such as angelica, chamomile, arnica, and proprietary others, along with intent to soothe familial inflammations and provide a calm, easy intimacy. Rose quartz and saltwater pearl, genuine silver and copper leaf, white roses offered the night of the operation, baby’s breath. Organic cold pressed almond oil.After beta testing the Ancestral Comfort incense for the first time, Austin asked what the results were like. “Like Smoking bees”, I said, which FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON received a confused response.“You know how bee keepers, when they need to go into the hive, they smoke the bees first to calm them down? It’s basically like that, except the bees are dead people...”Use to smooth family dynamics and help everyone get along, mellow uppity ancestors, and ingratiate them to you. The safest and “best” sub-set of The Ancestral series for those looking to tread lightly into ancestral work or with a complicated family history, along with the Bath Salts.Apply to yourself or loved ones to soften relations and resolve bad feelings amongst family, living or dead.Please note, however, that this blend seems to make the dead drowsy, sedated, or even pleasantly high. Great for getting them to leave you alone if they’ve been restless or overactive, not great for if you want to chat them up or send them on a mission.I recommend using this blend after Hermanubis or The Ancestors; or in isolation; or to relieve them (and you!) after Channeling.Empowerment and Comfort seem to cancel one another out, so avoid combining those in the same session, or while your ancestors are engaged in big magical efforts on your behalf, requiring vigilance.Pure and uncut herbs, resins, essential oils, metal leaf, and gemstones. No fillers or artificial ingredients whatsoever.Half ounce glass vial of Ancestral Comfort Oil for $66, Incense or Powder for $27$27.00 – $120.00
- Incense, Oils + Perfumes, Powders, Series, The Ancestral Series, Waters + SpraysThe Ancestors mother-blend, combined with empowering, fortifying herbs such as Solomon’s seal, High John the Conquerer root, holy basil, and Balm of Gilead, along with proprietary others, golden copal resin, citrine, garnet, genuine 24k gold, and the intent to call one's Ancestors to attention and arms. Organic cold pressed olive oil.Increases your ancestors' vigilance, ability to provide protection, and power to influence. Excellent for when going through big life changes or under attack, and you need the powers watching over you operating on all cylinders.Should you have magical requests to make of your ancestors, use this sub-series before or during petitions to activate, empower, and fortify their abilities. Anoint/ smoke tools or weapons your dead used in life, or implements of power you’d like to provide for their use on the other side, in your defense or to achieve requested aims.Anoint yourself or take a smoke bath to encourage your ancestors to watch your back, and walk at your side.Note that giving troublesome ancestors a bunch of extra energy and strength to work with isn't a great idea. This blend should be applied carefully (or avoided) for those with complicated and unresolved family histories, or asshole skeletons in the family crypt.One may, though, choose to use the Ancestral Empowerment sub-series in work targeted toward blocks of very old and wise ancestors a la the work of Dr. Daniel Foor in regards to ancestral lineage repair, or specific deceased individuals of the happy, healthy, and well-adjusted variety.Use after calling your Dead to the here-and-now via Hermanubis or The Ancestors, or standalone. Potentially effective before Channeling to make the dead louder, but also more willful. This and Comfort work to counter purpose/ cancel one another out, so I recommend avoiding that combination in the same session.Pure and uncut herbs, resins, essential oils, metal leaf, and gemstones. No fillers or artificial ingredients whatsoever.Half ounce glass vial of Ancestral Empowerment Oil for $66, Tincture, Incense, or Powder for $27Please Note: While the Ancestral Empowerment Tincture does not contain anything poisonous or inedible, it was not created in a commercial kitchen to GMP standards, so it is not suitable or intended for consumption. Use externally to anoint yourself or objects. Keep this (and all our wares) out of reach of children. Any internal consumption is undertaken at the user’s sole risk and liability.$27.00 – $147.00$27.00 – $147.00
- Incense, S+ Phytognosis, Series, The Ancestral SeriesLoose incense ritually crafted during the same Ancestral Series election by Jeremy Bechelli, Ph.D., the proprietor of Phytognosis, fine purveyor of materia magica —$47.00
This incense is deeply dark and reminiscent of rich Earth that is specifically designed to strengthen the ancestral bonds between shades and practitioner.
The blend is composed of Kua myrrh direct from the island of Socotra, opoponax, myrrh, patchouli, vetiver root, multiple species of Artemisia including A. absinthium, and is bound together with black figs, black cherries, and blackthorn berries. Other ingredients aligned with the darker shades include star anise, wildcrafted rose petals from a cemetery, and a bit of soil with detritus.
Myrrh is the principle resinous note of this blend and its use was to preserve the flesh of the dead, but more specifically to serve as an invitation to the Realm of Shades. The principle herbaceous component of the blend comes from patchouli, a plant that is often associated with the bare Earth, preservation, and grounding. The rose petals come from a local cemetery and provide a direct link, along with the soil, to the eternal resting grounds of the Dead.A lovely tribute.Arrives in a 2 oz (by weight) glass jar with cork top for $47$47.00
- Incense, Oils + Perfumes, Powders, Series, The Ancestral SeriesWith help from Hermanubis, The Ancestors mother-blend was combined with consecrated talismanic materia from the Moon-Neptune series and other herbs as Neptune rose in Pisces. Blue lotus, mugwort, myrrh, roman chamomile, genuine silver leaf, and other ingredients for the promotion of mediumship and psychic sensitivity, devoted to necromantic and ancestral purpose.Anoint or smoke yourself to increase perception of what your Ancestors are trying to tell you. Best used after formally inviting them via The Ancestors or Hermanubis, or giving offerings, once you've entered the communication phase of the operation.Smoke or anoint items used for divination, pens and paper for automatic drawing/ writing, or implements of seance. Ask specific questions or sit quietly with your dead and see/ hear/ feel what comes through.Use this blend and tell your Dead of your woes — some of them are wonderful therapists! Or tell of your triumphs, so they can share in your joy.Smoke or anoint photographs or items of specific ancestors you would like to make contact with. Mix the powder in with a portion of their grave dirt or cremains.Note that banishing or clearing, cord cutting, and grounding are recommended after engaging with Ancestral Channel. The dead, even those that mean well, can be intensely draining if left to linger. In Sphere + Sundry terms, Asclepius Ritual Salt, Bath Salt, or Water are all good for this purpose, as are items from the Sol in Leo series. The herb rosemary, burning frankincense resin, and the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (LBRP) are other readily available resources.$27.00 – $120.00
- Incense, Oils + Perfumes, S+ Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, Series, The Ancestral SeriesFor those that desire a soft, yet fully equipped introduction to the Ancestral sphere, either from lack of experience or due to grieving, complicated family histories, and the like. Contains —✠ Grief + Ancestral Healing Bath Salts for clearing the way, emotionally + physically ✠ Ancestral Altar for consecrating self + tools ✠ The Ancestors Self-Igniting Incense for bridging contact ✠ Ancestral Comfort Oil + Self-Igniting Incense for soothing familial irritations + calming restless deadIncludes simple suggestions for getting started and everything listed above for $170$170.00$170.00
- Incense, Oils + Perfumes, S+ Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, S+ Phytognosis, Series, The Ancestral SeriesThe literal mother-load. Each and every item The Ancestral Series has to offer —✠ The Ancestors Oil, Powder, and Self-Igniting Incense ✠ Ancestral Comfort Oil, Powder, and Self-Igniting Incense ✠ Ancestral Empowerment Oil, Powder, Self-Igniting Incense, and Tincture ✠ Ancestral Channel Oil, Powder, and Self-Igniting Incense ✠ Ancestral Honey ✠ Grief + Ancestral Healing Bath Salts ✠ Ancestral Altar by BPAL ✠ The Beloved Dead by BPAL ✠ Hekate Chthonia by BPAL ✠ Seideropts Loose Incense by PhytognosisIncludes a complimentary 3D printed Hermanubis statue in black for a grand total of $737$737.00$737.00
- Fixed Star Deneb Algedi, Incense, SeriesHerbal base, ritually combined and suffumigated during the Full Moon conjunct the fixed star Deneb Algedi, 2019. Traditional correspondences include marjoram, mugwort, and blue chalcedony inscribed with the star's glyph during the election. Other fortifying, protective, and wealth building ingredients include Solomon's seal, holy basil, mustard seed, as(s)afetida, myrrh, and genuine silver leaf, among others, later ground to a powder and made into a self-igniting incense blend with the addition of frankincense resin.Burn for protection, generally or against slander, jealousy, thieves, and those who would unduly persecute you or those in your care. Assists in fortification of one's boundaries, literal and metaphorical. Take a smoke bath to ingratiate yourself to bureaucrats, the law, and those in power. Smoke paperwork, evil eye averting talismans, and other appropriate implements. Aids in the generation and protection of wealth. Pragmatic and powerful.Pure and uncut herbs, gems, resins, and silver, sealed in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top and hand drawn label.$27$27.00
- Golden Sol in Leo, Incense, SeriesA combination of herbs and gems under the governance and accord of Sol, with Jupiterian emphasis for increased luck and support — sunflower harvested during the hour and day of the Sun was dried and ritually consecrated during the series election, alongside cedar, saffron, bay laurel, ginger, sweet cinnamon, rue, orange, clove, hibiscus, bloodstone, ruby, heliotrope, ultra fine Hojari frankincense, and 24k gold.These were finely ground and made into a self-igniting incense blend during the Sunday following the election, in the hour of the Sun. Pure, uncut, and organic herbs, gemstones, and flowers.Burn during Solar rites, or those for purification, healing, inspiration, and wholeness. Take a whole-body smoke bath to support self-development, greater embodiment, and self-actualization, or use during meditation. Use to clear away negative, limiting, or melancholic energies.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $30$30.00
- Collaborations, Golden Sol in Leo, Incense, S+ Phytognosis, SeriesJeremy Bechelli, Ph.D., is the proprietor of Phytognosis, ultra fine purveyor of materia magica, incenses, and resins —$48.00
This sun in Leo incense was compounded on Friday, August 9th at 6:00 AM using 36 unique botanical ingredients with the weight of each ingredient in various multiples of 36. The primary solar resins include 6 types of copal, mastic resin, gum juniper, and olibanum. The woods include a solar mix of Red sandars wood, juniper, and sandalwood. Fiery notes originate from Ceylon cinnamon, galangal, ginger, and three exotic species of pepper.
Several of the resins were died and polished using extracts of various plants and botanicals that give them a glowing almost jewel like look, reminiscent of the solar rays sparkling off precious gems. This is a luxurious blend containing several rare and unusual ingredients.Available for $48$48.00
- Incense, Series, Venus in TaurusAn organic incense blend of materia close to the Fairer Benefic's heart — rose bud, rosehips, rose quartz, marshmallow root, red clover blossom, emerald, and more, ritually combined and suffumigated during one of the finest Venus in Taurus elections of 2019.Create a small mound or trace sigils on a fireproof surface before lighting. Burn during weekly Venus observations, for remediation, or during magical works for maintaining and strengthening relationships, drawing lovers, gifts, upgrades, and money.Take a smoke bath to enhance glamour, beauty, and encourage self-acceptance, self-love, and feelings of desirability. Promotes comfort in one's skin and putting your own needs and desires first.Pure, uncut, and organic herbs, gemstones, and flowers.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $28$28.00
- Exalted Venus, Incense, Series$28.00
Organic herbs and stones sacred to Venus and related to Pisces, including lavender, blue lotus, yarrow, damiana, passion flower, diamond, emerald, and amethyst, were ritually suffumigated and consecrated by Venus during one of her most talisman-worthy 2019 exaltation elections. These were powdered during Venus’ day and hour and made into a self-igniting incense base.
Form a small mound or sigil on a fire proof surface and light during Venus observations, or compatible workings for love, beauty, sex, and the like. Pass talismans and objects through the smoke, or run it along the body in preparation for appropriate rites.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $28
- Exalted Venus, Incense, S+ Occvlta, SeriesFor Occvlta's first ever collaboration with Sphere + Sundry, Júlia offers a dark and rich loose incense ritually crafted during the equivalent election from the Pyrenees of Lleida, Spain —$35.00
The Venus Exalted incense was made Sunday between 8:31 and 9:24 UTC+1 in honour of Venus. Its base is composed of Alexandrian Rose buds, Nettle leaf, True Vervain, and Myrtle, plants that inflame and inspire desire and allure.
To this base other components were added: storax bark, frankincense, juniper berries, damiana leaf, costmary, elder flowers, Icelandic moss, angelica root, yarrow flowers, orris root, passion flowers, and mugwort. These are spirits related to planet Venus and help balancing the power and directing the practitioner's will.
Finally, this exalted mix is crowned with mallow, violet, lotus, and periwinkle flowers, elevating its potency and making it a fit offering for a deity.Beautiful and dark, perfect for calling up underworld aspects of Venus, such as Innana and Persephone. Must be burned on charcoal or an incense warmer.Available in a 1 oz dark amber glass jar for $35$35.00
- Incense, Jupiter's Bounty, SeriesAfter a ritual offering feast and during a prime Jupiter election window, organic fruits, nuts, and Jupiterian herbs and spices were suffumigated, consecrated, and ritually combined with frankincense, golden copal, citrine, and amethyst. These were ground to a fine powder during Jupiter’s hour and combined with ingredients to make it self-igniting.Create a small mound on a fire safe surface or trace sigils. Burn as an offering to Jupiter for remediation and propitiation on Thursdays or in his hour, or invoke a purifying, beneficent blessing upon other magical works designed for growth, gain, protection, and healing.Available in a 1/2 oz vial for $28Important allergen/ legal note: While this does not contain peanuts, it does contain other nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans, pistachios, and cashews) that were processed in a facility that handles peanuts. Not suitable for use by those with peanut or other nut allergies. Buyer/ user agrees not to apply, gift, or make available to those with nut allergies, assumes full responsibility for any allergic interactions to self and others as a result of exposure, and releases Sphere + Sundry from any and all liability. Keep out of reach of children.$28.00
- Collaborations, Incense, Jupiter's Bounty, S+ Phytognosis, SeriesJeremy Bechelli, Ph.D., is the proprietor of Phytognosis, ultra fine purveyor of materia magica, incenses, and resins. For his first collaboration with Sphere + Sundry, Jupiter’s Bounty, he created 16 sets of specially formulated incense coins, handmade during the election window per his location and individually wrapped. Of them, he shares —$44.00
The incense was created from 16 ingredients, one for each of the numbers in the planetary square. Of those 16 ingredients, 4 take precedence in the aromatic formulation, these being the highest quality copal blanco (Bursera jorullense) from Mexico that I have ever seen.
I hand-picked each resin piece in Mexico for large pieces that contain soft pure white resin. Outstanding aloeswood powder from Indonesia makes up the 2nd of the precious ingredients (Aquilaria hirta), a true expression of the luxury, abundance, and prosperity of Jupiter. Luxurious storax bark from Turkey (Liquidambar orientalis) forms the third exotic ingredient. Hand powdered galls from the mighty oak (Quercus spp.) steeped in a tincture of allspice (Pimenta dioica) rounds out the final of the major aromatics.
The base of the incense coins are formed using 12 other botanicals including, nutmeg, pinon pine, juniper, and balsam poplar buds, hyssop, and other traditional botanicals aligned with the Jovial current.
Each coin should be broken into smaller pieces and gently heated, rather than directly burned.
Use to fuel significant operations or feed talismans designed for material increase, achieving substantial gnosis, or related Jupiterian purpose.Only 16 sets were created available, containing 5 coins each for $44$44.00
- Asclepius II, Incense, SeriesThis loose incense is comprised of cypress, sage, and incense cedar, harvested during the days and hours of Jupiter and Sol before being prayed over in the words of Thessalos, given to him in dream by Asclepius (as detailed in the series description). These were combined with ethically sourced, wildcrafted white sage, rose of jericho, frankincense resin, and 24k gold leaf, before invoking the Divine Physician’s blessing as the fixed star Ras Alhague began rising.This incense is an exquisite smudging mix for the clearing of space and body — in general, after traumatic events, or before ritual. It can also be used to bathe objects you wish to cleanse and restore, such as crystals or ritual implements prior to consecration.Available in 1/2 oz self-igniting form for $26, or loose in a reusable glass jar over two ounces for $39.Charcoal must be used for burning loose incenses. You may choose to add organic coconut charcoal to your order, which must be lit on a burner.$26.00 – $39.00$26.00 – $39.00
- Fixed Star Regulus II, Incense, SeriesCustomary material and herbs associated with Regulus include mugwort, mastic, garnet, wormwood, and celandine. These, along with frankincense, 24k gold, saffron, chrysanthemum, yellow trumpet flower, calendula, dandelion root, orange peel, red ginseng, and other plants allied to the powers of empowerment, light, and leadership, were ritually suffumigated, consecrated, and mixed as the Moon conjoined Regulus on the rising, in the hour of Jupiter.Pour into a small mound or form lines and sigils on a heat proof surface before lighting. Burn as an offering to Regulus, to invoke the Royal Star's influence, or during other magical operations intended for self-promotion, self-actualization, success, or explorations of a heart-centered, empowering nature.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $30$30.00
- Incense, Series, St. ExpediteThe herbal Expedite mix, combined with makko powder and salt peter to make it self-igniting. Burn during invocations of St. Expedite or as an offering to fuel his works. Can also be burned to bring about good luck and progress in material circumstances. Suffumigate petitions and sigils in this incense to bring about faster results and kick-start workings.Available in a 1/2 oz vial with hand-painted label for $27$27.00
- Incense, Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, SeriesJupiter’s Lightning Rod powder was made into a self-igniting incense, which can be burned as a small mound or in the shape of sigils. Burn during Jupiterian rituals, or operations designed to increase luck, create fast and positive change, or manifest opportunities.1/2 oz vial for $28$28.00$28.00
- Hermanubis, Incense, SeriesThe blessed and consecrated Hermanubis herbal mix, along with myrrh resin and a very small amount of black dog hair, powdered and made self-igniting. Burn to draw the dead and oversee necromantic rites, or act as an offering to the deceased or Hermanubis himself.1/2 oz glass vial with cork top for $27$27.00$27.00
- Exalted Mercury Cazimi, Incense, SeriesA blend of ritually harvested plants, herbs, frankincense resin, and 24k gold leaf were ritually combined and suffumigated during Mercury’s cazimi in Virgo. These were combined with self-igniting ingredients to create an Exalted Mercury incense cazimi blend perfect for way-opening in ritual or mundane life. Burn to open any crossroads, draw Mercurial spirits, or to get mental juices flowing.1/2 oz vial for $27$27.00