This series was constructed the night of May 10, 2018 (chart in the image gallery for each item) while Mars was in the 28th degree of Capricorn, with all due respect, ferocity, and propitiations. This is Mars’ degree of Exaltation — or to use a martial turn of phrase, his point of ‘peak performance’. Here, Mars executes his deeds with precision, planning, and effectiveness, getting the job done with as few casualties and as little mess as possible.
Mars is a helpful influence in works of both offense and defense. He helps establish and guard personal sovereignty and boundaries, or conquer that which one wishes to overcome. The ideal ally for winning contests, arguments, and battles of all kinds, offerings from this series are good to have in the ‘arsenal’ for when the time comes to stand up for that which is yours, or would be if you could triumph in a fight for it.
Mars lights a fire in the belly, heart, and mind, and has a heating, motivating, and invigorating effect. He bestows strength, courage, and a strong sense of conviction. Working with powerful Martial objects may result in temporary dehydration, running ‘hot’ physically and emotionally, headaches, and reactions of the skin in the form of breakouts or rashes, depending on one’s nature and sensitivity. Some of the offerings in this series contain spicy ingredients and can cause contact reactions, because Mars would have it no other way. Be careful and responsible with these and all other Sphere + Sundry creations. Do not consume. Keeping these items closed and covered when not in use is recommended.
These offerings were not only crafted during Mars’ time in his exaltation degree; the creator was wearing a Mars Degree of Exaltation talisman at the time, forged years ago by the inimitable Tony Mack. The election and hours of working were established in consultation with distinguished astrologer Austin Coppock.
The first 15 people to order from this series will receive an extra gift in the form of a small Mars talisman on red cardstock, constructed during the operation. All Sphere + Sundry orders come with basic suggestions and protocols for use, to help the client maximize their results. Also useful — this article on using our items to remediate and propitiate Mars, both during transits and in the natal chart.
- Mars' Degree of Exaltation, Oils + Perfumes, SeriesPowder from the same Mars Exaltation Degree series in organic sunflower oil, with nails and bloodstone. Combined and sealed at the height of the operation in a glass bottle marked with the appropriate symbolism, agitated during proper days and hours during an incubation period of a full lunar cycle, covered and left to cure with the other offerings.This oil has taken on a natural deep red tone from the Martial materials imbuing, and is earthy and warming, befitting Mars in Capricorn. May stain and cause skin irritation on sensitive individuals, remaining true to Mars' nature.Poured from the mother bottle during sympathetic days, hours, and transits. Includes a natural preservative to stave off oxidation. Keep the bottle covered and away from light when not in use. Available in a 1 oz clear glass vial, especially sealed to prevent leakage during transport. Includes basic instructions for use.Click here for information about the use of these items for remediation of natal configurations or during Mars' retrograde. $65$65.00$65.00
- Incense, Mars' Degree of Exaltation, SeriesIncense cones handcrafted while Mars was in the 28th degree of Capricorn, his degree of optimal performance. The dried, powdered wood of the Machilus thunbergii tree was used as a natural binding and burning agent, mixed with five hand-ground herbs and resins sacred to Mars. These include hot red pepper, genuine dragon's blood resin, and yohimbe bark, among other proprietary sympathetic ingredients, and bits of iron and rust — not enough to make the smoke toxic, but enough for magical resonance. The scent is warming and invigorating, earthy and rich, befitting Mars at his best, in the Earth sign of Capricorn.All woods are said to be under the purview of Mars, making even the base agent a worthy addition. The decision to create this incense in the cone form was also intentional — the upward triangle is resonant with the natural shape of flame and, partially because of this, is also the form associated with the element of Fire in the Western magical tradition.Note that this incense is intended to be used in specialized ceremonial or Martial contexts, and is not for every day use. To light cone incense, hold it sideways so that the tip is in contact with flame until it catches and is well lit. Place the base of the cone on a heat proof surface, such as ceramic, metal, or a layer of sand. Let the flame extinguish itself naturally, leaving an ember that will create smoke as it burns its way down the base. If it goes out, re-light well. Any that is left over can be saved and burned on a piece of charcoal.Only 108 incense cones were created for this election. Packed with a silica pouch to retain maximum burn potential. Available in packs of 5, the number sacred to Mars. Each one is individually wrapped in tissue paper marked with a special seal, sigil, or kamea of Mars. For the purposes of magical work and spellcasting, these can be upcycled with the addition of your own compatible sigils, etc.Click here for information about the use of these items for remediation of natal configurations or during Mars' retrograde. $25$25.00$25.00
- Candles, Mars' Degree of Exaltation, Series, Sold OutFlaming red candles hand-poured while Mars was in the 28th degree of Capricorn, his point of peak performance. Each candle features a dose of Mars powder, made the same evening, comprised of five hand-ground herbs and resins sacred to Mars. These include hot red pepper, genuine dragon's blood resin, and yohimbe bark, among other proprietary sympathetic ingredients, and small bits of iron and rust.A keepsake in the form of a bloodstone arrowhead is revealed when the candle has fully burned, to be kept indefinitely by the owner as a talismanic generator of Martial potency.Each candle is in a large 12 oz jar that, depending on burning habits, can provide 45+ hours of burn time. They feature a glass cap with Mars' glyph, Agrippa's seal of character, and the kamea or magic square, all inscribed during the operation. As their burning will often be accompanied by that of incense, they are unscented.The first time you burn a large candle, try to let the pool of wax get as far out as possible because it will leave a 'memory' in the wax and create a tunneling effect for future burns, which will greatly reduce the life of a candle. Magical candles are sometimes lit for short periods of time during prayers or petitions, so sometimes this is unavoidable. If you have issues with tunneling, there are ways of fixing it.Ten candles were poured, 7 were offered by Sphere + Sundry. They are now sold out.Click here for information about the use of these items for remediation of natal configurations or during Mars' retrograde. $95$95.00$95.00
- Mars' Degree of Exaltation, Powders, SeriesFive hand-ground herbs and resins sacred to Mars, mixed with an iron spatula, suffumigated and petitioned over while Mars was in his degree of exaltation in Capricorn. Covered and left to charge with all of the other Mars offerings in the Exaltation Degree series. Includes hot red pepper, genuine dragon's blood resin, and yohimbe bark, among other proprietary sympathetic ingredients, and bits of iron and rust — not enough to make the powder toxic, but enough for magical resonance, along with crushed bloodstone.Available in 3.7 ml glass vials. No fillers - 100% uncut herbs, peppers, and resin.Click here for information about the use of these items for remediation of natal configurations or during Mars' retrograde. $25$25.00$25.00
- Mars' Degree of Exaltation, Series, Waters + SpraysFive pure essential oils of Martial nature, including black pepper, cassia, and ginger, mixed with distilled water and tequila, along with other natural preservatives and emulsifiers. Mixed and sealed while Mars was in his exaltation degree, and left to incubate with the rest of the series. It was moved into individual spray bottles on the day and hour of Mars and includes a small chip from the bloodstone arrowheads used in the candles.Note that this not intended to be used as an everyday spray, or for the primary purpose of scenting a room, linens, etc. It is a highly potentiated and specific formula for intentional or ritual application. It can be sprayed around oneself to establish a productive, motivated, and empowered state, or in a space to set the tone for a working or interaction. It can also be used as an anointing wash to empower Martial objects. A small amount should last for quite some time and provide many applications under circumstances such as these. Keep covered and in a dark place when not in use, shake well before application.Click here for information about the use of these items for remediation of natal configurations or during Mars' retrograde. $20 for 1/2 oz spray bottle, or $30 for 1 oz$20.00 – $30.00$20.00 – $30.00