Venus is the planet that rules love and beauty, and she is very much at home in the sign of harmony and socializing, which is Libra. By Sphere + Sundry standards, Venus’ time in the Scales’ sign during 2018 didn’t provide any talisman worthy ‘forever’ elections, but empowered in her own rulership, she still had much to offer that will be useful.
This series was ritually constructed after an invocation of Venus during her hour on the only Friday, the day which Venus rules, where she was well aspected by the Moon, and also unafflicted by malefics.
Strong Venus items promote beauty and act as a powerful attractant to others, romantically and socially. They instigate an organic and strong desire for others to be around you and desire your attention, and increases their excitement to be in your company. They act as a social magnet, enhancing glamours and making one seem the belle of the ball, feeling and coming across as more beautiful than they otherwise would. They promote feelings of acceptance, beauty, and enjoyment, in oneself and their overall sphere.
The charge on these offerings is very strong and palpably lovely. Applied to the body, they instantly induce an easy going, joyous, and pleasant state, heightening the experience of the self and others, especially in social situations. Early field-testers reported a strong sense of ease and increased draw to socialize and connect, with noted reductions in anxiety.
Another side effect is that of ‘letting be’ and ‘letting go’, as Venus doesn’t care about the details or execution of matters, so long as she’s having a good time. For this reason in day-to-day life, this series should be applied when you want to indulge in a pleasant night of social interaction, romance, or self-care. They’re wonderful to apply when you’re ready to kick back at the end of the day or on days off, because they detach the heart and mind from feelings of worry and import, promoting a natural lure towards that which brings joy and feels good to experience.
As a natal Venus in Virgo, I can personally confirm that this series is control freak kryptonite 😉 Don’t use these items when you need to be productive or do many tasks, because it’ll take the wind out of those particular sails. These items essentially provide a magically induced vacation — a cool dip in the too rarely experienced waters of detachment from obligation, in favor of self-love and satisfaction.
Magically, items from this series can be used to improve relationships, induce or increase glamours, sweeten situations, and/ or serve as formal offerings to Venus.
Honey and beeswax features heavily in this series, as an incredibly useful ingredient in matters both mundane and magical. Honey bees are an animal sacred to Venus, as they pollinate flowers, cooperate with one another seamlessly and selflessly, and produce the sweet, golden, incorruptible nectar that is honey. It has beautifying, sweetening, and anti-aging properties, in addition to being pretty to look upon and sensual to touch.
The oil and ritual honey both included whole honey bees in their formulation, who passed of natural causes. These treasured souls were collected from near their hive after giving an offering of royal jelly to their living brethren, and we thank them for empowering this series with their ability to travel swiftly, pollinate hearts and minds, and the gift of their sweet nectar.
As always, Sphere + Sundry elections are chosen in consultation with astrologer Austin Coppock.
Our other featured collaborator on this series is the exceedingly lovely avatar-of-Venus herself, Sarah Collins of Moon Goddess Magick Apothecary, who specializes in the formulation of magically infused goods for beauty, self-care, and ritual. She crafted a beautifying hair and body oil during the equivalent Venus election in her location, and we are thrilled to include it as part of this series!
Each order includes instructions and a prayer. For information on Venus altars, ritual, and offerings, click here.
- Oils + Perfumes, Series, Venus in LibraVenus was ritually called upon during one of her finest Libra elections of 2018 to bless this oil and imbue it with her luxurious, beautiful, and joyous qualities. Damiana, raspberry leaf, yarrow, honey bee, emerald, diamond, and other ingredients sacred to Venus were combined with cold pressed almond and apricot kernel oils, along with copper leaf and sakura blossoms.The result is a lovely perfumed oil, beautiful and fascinating to even gaze upon, let alone to experience. Upon application to the body, stress, anxiety, and worry instantly give way to an easy going, pleasant, and self-satisfied state. The heart itself opens into a beautiful bloom, ready for pollination by company or indulgent activity. It will act as a powerful attractant for those around you, helping you be seen in your best, most beautiful light, and feel that within yourself.Apply to the heart or over common perfume points (wrists, neck, behind the ears) before parties, family events, or social activities where you would like to get maximum enjoyment and fawning from the experience, date nights, or when you want to give yourself an emotional vacation and enjoy some much needed time off and self-care.Magically, this oil can be applied before performing Venus rituals to create a sympathetic link between yourself and the fairest benefic. This oil can be applied to yourself, sigils, or magical icons to induce and enhance glamours, ingratiate others to your person or a desired cause, and promote a charming, magnetic, and lovely persona.Available in a half ounce glass vial for $63.$63.00$63.00
- Series, Venus in Libra, Waters + SpraysAfter making appropriate offerings to the spirits of a local stream and the attending genius loci, water was collected on August 14th, 2018 as the Moon conjoined Venus in Libra during Venus’ hour. This was used as the base for a hydrosol of star jasmine, honey, vanilla bean, and other herbs ruled by the planet of love and beauty, then distilled in a copper alembic before being consecrated alongside the rest of the Venus in Libra series.The resulting water has a sensually sweet, skin-musk aroma, finishing with a juicy citrus note. It can be used as a body spray to induce a pleasant emotional and mental state and as a psychic and emotional attractant to others. It can also be used to set the stage for social or romantic interactions by application to any given space or linens.This water was given a naturally occurring green cast to further ally it with the powers of Venus, as that is her primary color association, but is light enough that it won't stain.Arrives in a 1/2 glass spray bottle for $28 or a 2 oz for $56$28.00 – $56.00$28.00 – $56.00
- Incense, Series, Venus in LibraHerbs sacred to Venus, ritually combined and suffumigated during one of her finest Libra elections, ground and mixed with intoxicating essential oils and self-combusting materials, so no coal is required to use it.This is a loose incense that can be pinched into lines, glyphs, or sigils on a heat-proof surface before lighting. Burn during Venus rituals to invoke her influence, or during other sympathetic works for love and beauty. Can also be burned to prime a setting for pleasant social or romantic interactions.Available in a 1/2 oz glass vial with cork top. No synthetic fragrances or fillers.$28$28.00$28.00
- Candles, Series, Venus in LibraPure beeswax dyed a beautiful green, poured over the blessed Venus in Libra herbal mix. Crowned with genuine copper leaf, ethically sourced diamond dust, and emerald. Poured during one of the finest Venus in Libra elections and blessed by the fairest benefic.Light during Venus rituals or dedicate the charge in a candle spell for sympathetic aims. On a day-to-day level, burn this candle when you would like to create a pleasant, joyous, and relaxing atmosphere, such as during a date, dinner party, or family gathering.Each candle is about 2 ounces and provides roughly 15 hours of burn time.$84$84.00$84.00
- Honeys, Series, Venus in LibraHoney is commonly used in Hoodoo and other traditions as a sweetening influence, to improve relationships or scenarios where softening and the promotion of love and good will is the goal. As honey bees pollinate flowers, which are allied to Venus, and produce the sweet, golden, incorruptible nectar that is honey, these animals are sacred to her.Wildflower honey, mixed with a ritually consecrated herb mix sacred to Venus, essential oils, vanilla beans, and whole honey bee. Venus was ritually called upon to empower this mix to sweeten the hearts, minds, and tongues of those to whom its charge is applied.This ritual honey comes in a wide mouthed tin about two ounces in total size, which can be used as a pre-fab honey jar spell by submerging icons or small pieces of paper with names, sigils, or images. This is a sympathetic method for improving your relationship to a given person, drawing them to you and making them think and speak more ‘sweetly’ of you. It can be used to draw lovers and romantic partners, improve relationships, or to enhance glamours.One example of a honey jar spell to draw a marriage partner would be to submerge a ring in the honey alongside some small pieces of paper sigils, or just your written desired qualities and outcome. Put the jar under what would be the partner’s pillow or their side of the mattress.Another example to improve the relationship between others would be to write both their names on the back of small photos of them and submerge these in the honey together, before hiding it somewhere on their property or where they both regularly visit.To promote self-love and acceptance, icons of your own and affirmations can be submerged. To cast glamours and enhance other people’s perception of you as beautiful, charming, and attractive, print your current social media photo. To draw attract clients and money, print your logo and some money that clients have paid you for your services.All of these would best be done at an empowered time, such as the full Moon or while Venus is strong in her day and/or hour, but since the honey has already been ritually consecrated, it has a powerful charge either way.The honey can also be used as a component in other magical works related to these principles, if you would rather use it many times instead of dedicate the charge to one honey jar working.To leave room for images, papers, and items, the tins come half filled with about an ounce of the blessed honey mixture. Honey crystalizes over time and can be restored to a liquid state using warm water. Includes instructions for this, and basic ideas for ritual use.$35$35.00$35.00
- Bath + Beauty, Collaborations, S+ Moon Goddess Magick Apothecary, Series, Venus in LibraAs goes the Orphic Hymn to Aphrodite —Heav'nly, illustrious, laughter-loving queen, sea-born, night-loving, of an awesome mien...Living, breathing avatar of Venus herself, Sarah Collins of Moon Goddess Magick Apothecary, collaborated with Sphere + Sundry on the equivalent election in her location to create a stunning hair and body oil, Sea Born Beauty. Sarah was chosen for this series because of her extensive background in formulating magically infused goods for ritual, beauty, and self-care, and we are thrilled to be able to offer her talents to our valued clients!Of this custom blend, Sarah reveals —$35.00
A seductive hair and body oil meant to evoke the magnetic allure of Venus. Created during the planetary hour of Venus, on her day (Friday) in an intimate ritual setting. Offerings of sweetly scented, freshly plucked jasmine, were laid at the feet of Aphrodite, a hymn read aloud in her honor, and her rose shaped circular procession though the cosmos, drawn on parchment. Witchcrafted with the intent to imbue the glamorous and sensual energy of Venus, into your own. A small liquid amulet to anoint oneself, bringing forth self-confidence and strength. A bewitchingly fragrant talisman that entices those around you, enchanting them through awe inspiring power of scent. This blend creates a powerful sense of self-love and self-confidence, captivating the senses of the wearer and those near by. A nutrient rich oil that adds a luster and sensual power to your mien. Lovingly made with rich organic plant based oils that nourish and strengthen your hair. For the skin, this oil protects from dryness, adds a light shine, and a soft inviting fragrance of jasmine flowers. Ritually anoint oneself during the hour of Venus to intensify these qualities, both magical and physical.Argan oil, jasmine, elderflower, pomegranate, and rose quartz, ritually combined during the day and hour of Venus in conjunction with the rest of the Venus in Libra series.Available in a 1oz glass bottle with dropper for $35.$35.00
- Bath + Beauty, Honeys, Sundry, Venus in LibraThis is an all natural beautifying mask for the face, which can also be applied to the neck and décolletage. I've been making this recipe and using it myself for many years, especially during the week leading up to conferences, my own wedding, and other events where I'd like to look my best. During Venus' time in Libra, I've been doing it every Friday as a remedial Venus practice and to boost my regular skincare regimen.This mask helps clear acne, balance moisture, combat excessive oiliness, reduce pore size, and establish an even tone. It leaves the skin feeling super soft and has a lovely scent.Blackberry honey, whipped with vanilla bean, essential oils of Frankincense and Geranium, and other natural proprietary ingredients, all sacred to Venus. No fillers or synthetic ingredients. Created during the hour of Venus while the Moon conjoined her in Libra.Due to the time intensive nature of creating this mask, I chose not to make it as part of the upcoming Venus series, so my focus could be on the ritual materia at that time. I also wanted to offer my clients something that didn't have to incubate until September, to help them better connect with Venus in Libra as a transiting influence.This beautifying mask is the the first entry in the series category "Sundry", which will feature individual offerings outside of dedicated series, which are still created to exacting standards and in great accord with the shifting tides of space-time. August 14th (the day of creation) was a good Venus election, one that we considered for a Venus in Libra series, but we found one we preferred slightly better later in the month.The mask coming from a vial makes it easy to pour onto your fingers to apply to the face with as little mess as possible, without having to dirty a spoon or dip into a pot and risk contamination. I use about a quarter sized amount and get 7 masks out of each vial, though this depends on if you apply to other areas.Cleanse your skin, making sure it is completely dry before applying the honey. This mask works especially well if you have primed your skin using our Saltwater Pearl Exfoliating Polish, to maximize smoothness and get the fastest, most beautifying result.Pour the honey onto your fingertips and apply a thin layer directly to the skin using circular and rubbing motions to spread it across the face. Spend two minutes quickly patting the honey into the skin until it becomes tacky and your hands are difficult to pull away, which will exfoliate and bring blood flow to the the skin, stimulating a healing and toning response. Wear for 10-20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water.Do not re-wash your face. Proceed with toner or your usual skin care routine. If you have oily skin (as I do) this causes an oil purge the day you use the mask, which can be easily removed with oil absorbing sheets, or just applied before bed so it's not a concern. With consistent application over time, excessive oiliness is reduced and the skin develops more consistent levels of hydration.Can be applied anytime, but is especially recommended during the days and nights of Venus, and/ or in her hour. For the fastest results, use multiple days in a row, every other day, or twice per week before entering a maintenance schedule, if you so desire.$21$21.00$21.00
- Altar Boxes + Sets, Collaborations, S+ Moon Goddess Magick Apothecary, Series, Venus in Libra$321.00 – $341.00
Receive everything in the Venus in Libra series. Includes:
- Venus in Libra Oil
- Venus in Libra Self-Igniting Incense
- Venus in Libra Beeswax Candle
- Venus in Libra Ritual Honey
- Water of Venus in Libra (large)
- Whipped Honey Beautifying Mask
- Basic instructions for use
- Optional: Miniature glass altar box with mirrored base
$342 with the altar box, limit 3, or $321 for the full set while all offerings last.$321.00 – $341.00