Praise Jove! The Greater Benefic entered his own sign of Sagittarius on Thursday, November 8th. After all the tumult of 2018’s less than stellar transits, this is a most welcome development, worth milking to the very last drop. For our part, we’ve created the Jupiter’s Lightning Rod series, designed to potentiate Jupiter transits during his time in the Centaur’s sign, draw and magnetize Jupiterian energies and spirits, and open the way for opportunities, both cultivated and unexpected.
This is not the finest election that Jupiter in Sagittarius has in store, it was simply the first, so there will be another sometime in the next year that is the official “Jupiter in Sagittarius” series. The difference is that this one emphasizes the God-Planet’s association with lightning and the fire signs’ emphasis on speed, getting us off to the races straight out the gate. Like lightning rods themselves, these items act as magnets for Jupiter’s beneficent blessing, and attunes the user to his current wavelength.
The election saw Jupiter conjunct the newly waxing Sagittarius Moon on the descending angle (chart in the image gallery for each offering). Under normal talismanic circumstances, we would be striving for a fuller Moon, but in the case of the objectives for this series, the fact that there is room for growth and an emphasis on newfound potential is fitting indeed.
This series was ritually created after an invocation of Jove’s blessings, while wearing a degree of exaltation Jupiter ring on Jupiter’s finger.
Jupiter is uplifting, inspiring, and promotes a sense of uprightness, wholeness and ambition within the self and sphere. These items have a productive, empowering, and balancing influence that aids in devoting oneself to growth upon their path, and within their life.
These offerings produce an invigorating, exciting buzz. They bring awareness around what Jupiter’s time in Sagittarius can bring, and help you decide what you want to cultivate during this period (and in the long-term), motivating the creation of game plans, imbuing a sense of confidence and motivation to actualize goals.
They can be used to break out of old patterns and stagnant circumstances, acting to uncross and road open, in perhaps unexpected ways. Jupiter in Sagittarius has a protective and benefic quality that helps ensure the changes that manifest are for the best, and in the process can help facilitate learning, as Jupiter is the planet of wisdom. This series is primarily for those who are working toward big projects and goals (or would like to be!), the accumulation of wealth and success, or who need to break free from bad luck and make profound changes, as quickly as possible.
Every offering from this series features wood from a peach tree that was struck by lightning, in addition to fulgurite, a crystal formed by lightning striking the earth. Hundreds of dollars of saffron, the world’s most expensive spice, and aloeswood, one of the most expensive incenses, along with 24k gold, lapis lazuli, and frankincense, appease Jupiter’s opulent taste for the finer things, drawing wealth and, dare I say? Abundance.
Ghee, which is clarified butter, features in the Lightning Rod oil and candles, for Jupiter presides over all generous things, such as fats, and exalts in Cancer, associated with dairy. This ingredient aids in embodiment and manifestation of desire. Orange peel provides a bright, sweet quality, enhancing good luck and positivity.
Warming, quickening herbs and barks such as cinnamon, allspice, and clove act to invigorate and empower, as well as provide a fitting sensory backdrop for the upcoming northern hemisphere’s fall/ winter weather and Christmas season. The Jup-Juice spray, self-igniting incense, and Lightning Rod powder all smell of delicious mulling spices simmering on the stove, or warm spice bread, fresh from the oven.
Side effects, much like items from the Exalted Mars series, are heating and invigorating, and may cause slight headaches, sweating, or skin reactions, especially from prolonged exposure. This is not intended for every day generalized or remediative use — wearing it that way will be hard on the nervous system (…lightning). As with all Sphere + Sundry offerings, potency is high, and a little goes a long way 😉
Jupiter items are good for building healthy blood and supporting liver function. They will likely prove medicinal for those afflicted by dark, hopeless states, as Jupiter is the planet of positivity.
Our esteemed collaborators for this series are Elizabeth Barrial of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, who offers two of her quadruply charged custom creations — a ritual perfume oil, Jupiter’s Archer, and a Jupiterian Anointing Tincture, perfect for those times when you’d like to anoint something without getting it oily.
We also welcome for the first time Marcus McCoy of Troll Cunning Forge, who created 16 talismanic lightning bolts, quenched in oil of lightning struck wood, anvil dust, and fulgurite during the primary election.
And last but not least, astrologer Austin Coppock, who helps Sphere + Sundry with all our elections and recently wrote an excellent piece on Jupiter’s time in Sagittarius, and also offers a webinar on the matter.
It is an honor to work with such dedicated and talented artisans — thank you for lending your talents to the Jupiter’s Lightning Rod series!
These items can be happily kept on Jupiter or wealth altars. Includes basic instructions for use and a prayer. For more information on Jupiter altars, offerings, and ritual timing, click here.
- Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, Oils + Perfumes, SeriesSaffron, lightning struck peach wood, fulgurite, lapis lazuli, 24k gold leaf, frankincense resin, cinnamon, allspice, clove, orange peel, mullein, and other Jupiterian herbs were ritually suffumigated and combined with organic sunflower and walnut oils, along with ghee.This was lightly heated to expedite the extraction process and imbued with a natural blue-green cast. Blue and yellow are colors frequently allocated to Jupiter in the Western magical tradition, though in the Chinese 5-element system Jupiter is associated with the element of wood, which represents new growth and expansion, and is given the color green. Lightly scented with pure essential oils of sandalwood, cassia, and copaiba.Anoint yourself to draw opportunities and good luck, uplift and expand your perspective, and magnify the effects of Jupiter transits during his time in Sagittarius. Can be of service in helping you establish goals and game plans, connect with positive possibilities, and support growth, accumulation, and expansion.Use in Jupiter rituals or to help expedite works designed for success, opportunity, wealth building, and after uncrossing or clearings to promote good luck and gain the greater benefit’s blessing.Each vial includes a chunk of lapis lazuli, available in a 1/2 oz glass vial for $68$68.00$68.00
- Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, Powders, SeriesThis powder is 100% pure uncut herbs, barks, wood, gemstones, and resin. Saffron, lightning struck peach wood, fulgurite, lapis lazuli, 24k gold leaf, frankincense resin, cinnamon, allspice, clove, orange peel, mullein, and other Jupiterian herbs were ritually suffumigated and combined to create a potent draw for benefic Jupiter energies, opportunities, and sudden positive change.Use in magical operations designed for sympathetic ends. Use to dress candles, or in any manner sachet powders are often used. Can be cut with other powders to make it go a longer way. Not intended for consumption. Much like the Exalted Mars powder, the effects are heating and quickening.1/2 oz vial for $28$28.00$28.00
- Incense, Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, SeriesJupiter’s Lightning Rod powder was made into a self-igniting incense, which can be burned as a small mound or in the shape of sigils. Burn during Jupiterian rituals, or operations designed to increase luck, create fast and positive change, or manifest opportunities.1/2 oz vial for $28$28.00$28.00
- Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, Series, Waters + SpraysWater from a rushing river was freshly collected to be used as the base in a Jupiter hydrosol, initiated in the hour of Jupiter on the Thursday he entered Sagittarius. Offerings of carrots and compliments were graciously accepted by a horse in exchange for tail hair, which was combined with some from a man’s head, fusing a symbolic centaur, the chimera representing Sagittarius, out of the alchemical distillation.The still pot also included saffron, the world’s most expensive spice, fulgurite (a gemstone created by lightning strike), lapis lazuli, four acorns, oak bark, cinnamon, allspice, clove, orange peel, and other Jupiterian herbs. It smells of mulling spices simmering away on the stove, or freshly baked spice bread, making it the perfect accompaniment for the cold and holiday seasons.This, along with the candle, are the gentlest offerings in the Lightning Rod series, emphasizing Jupiter’s moist and nurturing aspects. Spray for motivation, courage, and inspiration, to draw good luck and opportunity, and break through limitations. Apply before doing rituals for such things, or going into job interviews or other important events where opportunities may manifest.Will likely prove medicinal for those afflicted by dark, hopeless states, as Jupiter is the planet of positivity. Gently warming and invigorating, good for building healthy blood and supporting liver function.Each glass spray bottle features a chunk of lapis lazuli. Available in a 1oz spray for $28 or a 2oz for $56.$28.00 – $56.00$28.00 – $56.00
- Candles, Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, SeriesVirgin soy wax and a touch of ghee were melted, dyed bright blue, and poured over powdered lightning struck peach wood, fulgurite, lapis lazuli, and 24k gold leaf. These were created on the Thursday Jupiter entered Sagittarius, while the Moon and the Greater Benefic were conjunct the descending angle. Lightly scented with pure essential oils of clove, cinnamon, allspice, orange, and frankincense.The effects are warming, invigorating, and exciting. They create a sense of opportunity and will help draw it to you, as well as help you break away from bad luck and stagnant patterns. Burn in rituals designed for uncrossing, luck promotion, and achievement. Light in the background as you brainstorm goals and create game plans, to draw Jove’s blessings to your endeavor. Use during invocations of Jupiter or Jupiterian spirits, or during weekly rituals.While still warming and quickening, this, along with the spray, are the gentlest offerings in the Lightning Rod series, emphasizing Jupiter’s nurturing, wholesome qualities. Only 16 candles were created, 4 of which are reserved for box sets. 10 are being offered to clients standalone.Each candle is in a 2 oz glass jar and provides around 15+ hours of burn time.$88$88.00$88.00
- Collaborations, Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, S+ Troll Cunning Forge, Series, Talismans + Reliquaries16 talismanic lightning bolts were forged by Marcus McCoy of Troll Cunning Forge, quenched in an oil infused with lightning struck wood, fulgurite, and anvil dust. Of his creation, Marcus offers —$44.00
Haephestus was the blacksmith that helped forge Zeus’s lightning bolts. When metal is heated it becomes mutable and receptive, being in a semi-liquid state, and when it is cooled in oil or water it becomes fixed. Using alchemical techniques taught to me by Alchemist Robert Bartlett, the astrological election and the contents of the quenchent (lighting struck wood, fulgurite and anvil dust) were crystallized to create talismanic steel lightning bolts of Jupiter.Each lightning bolt includes a 1/2 oz vial of said quenching oil to charge their talisman.$44
- Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, Oils + Perfumes, S+ Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, SeriesA ritual perfume oil, specifically formulated by Elizabeth Barrial of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab for the Jupiter’s Lightning Rod collaboration, never to be made again. In describing her creation —$44.00
This perfume has been constructed and charged to reflect the electrostatic power of divine lightning, the precision of Sagittarius’ arrows, and the expansive, uplifting, and majestic benevolent power of the Mover of the Forces of Heaven, the Thunderer, the Liberator, He Who Brings to Achievement, He Who Brings Help to the Needy, the Everlasting Fountain of Justice. The perfume, and our Jupiterian Anointing Tincture, were crafted to invigorate, charge, and stimulate all that is conducive to advancement, prosperity, and good health in your life…
… like a restorative, life-affirming lightning bolt straight to your heart.
This perfume contains essential oils of Himalayan cedar, eucalyptus, juniper, hyssop, clove and rue, and is enhanced by our finest in-house vegetal musk. The oil has been infused with sweet dried figs, lightning-struck wood, fulgurite, cedar berries, eucalyptus leaf, and juniper berries, and was charged on November 8, 2018 at sunrise, the second hour of Jupiter, the series election window, and the hour of Jupiter after nightfall. It’s a fourfecta.* Lightning-struck wood, cedar berries, wildharvested English oak, aloeswood (courtesy of Jeremy Bechelli of Phytognosis!), and pine resin added during the election window of the ritual.
Each bottle contains a piece of lapis lazuli and a piece of quartz that was purified with salt and rinsed with whiskey.
Please be advised that there may be solid plant material present in the perfume.
* Odd Couple joke.$44
- Collaborations, Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, S+ Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, Series, Sold OutAn anointing tincture, specifically formulated by Elizabeth Barrial of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab for the Jupiter’s Lightning Rod collaboration, never to be made again. In describing her creation —$44.00
A ritual companion to Jupiter’s Archer and Sphere + Sundry’s Jupiter’s Lightning Rod series, this tincture was created to charge ritual tools, cash boxes, talismans, amulets, statuary, and images that are dedicated to Jupiter, He Who Is Conquered By None, the Lord of Hospitality and Savior of the People, the Supreme and Most High, and can be utilized as an offering unto itself. This tincture is dedicated to Jupiter, was crafted and charged under his auspices, and was crafted to emphasize benevolent sovereignty, leadership, good health, wise exertion of power, expansion of opportunities, recognition, fame, and growth.
Jupiterian Anointing Tincture contains CO2 extract of elder flower, essential oils of clove bud, clary sage, Atlas cedarwood, cedar leaf, and hyssop (steam distilled from tops), pinon pine resin, juniper berries, white oak bark, oakmoss, sassafras leaf, cinquefoil, and eucalyptus leaf – for Sagittarius - and local craft brandy. The tincture was charged on November 8, 2018 at sunrise, the second hour of Jupiter, the series election window, and the hour of Jupiter after nightfall. Lightning-struck wood, cedar berries, wildharvested English oak, aloeswood (courtesy of Jeremy Bechelli of Phytognosis!), a chunk of fulgurite, and pine resin were added during the election portion of the ritual. Each bottle contains a piece of lapis lazuli and a piece of quartz.
Do not drink, do not eat. Do not use this tincture to dress candles. Do not keep this tincture near an open flame. Do not drop this into your eye or any other bodily orifice. Patch test before application.
Please be advised that there may be solid plant material present in the tincture.Glass dropper bottle with 2 oz of tincture, $44
- Altar Boxes + Sets, Incense, Jupiter’s Lightning Rod, Oils + Perfumes, Powders, S+ Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, S+ Troll Cunning Forge, Series, Talismans + Reliquaries, Waters + SpraysEverything in the Jupiter’s Lightning Rod series in large form, including a hand-stained wooden treasure chest (7" wide, 4.5" deep, 5" tall), which can be used to store the offerings or act as a ritual treasure box —$456.00$456.00